Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Weekly Homeschool Checklist

This is the checklist that I created to keep track of our first quarter of homeschooling kindergarten. I've saved it so I can tweak it as needed.

Weekly Homeschool Checklist (Kindergarten)



Each lesson on the daily checklist portion of the page is intended to be short (10-15 minutes). I've included a little space to take notes in case there are things I'd like to remember about that week in homeschooling. All the items in the weekly checklist at the bottom of the page are ones that we do together as a family, no matter what age.

I will revisit this after our quarter is complete so I can tell you how it went!

What are your plans for the school year? Please share! I love learning from what other people do.

6 comments:

  1. So far, I've done 2 days worth of school with E and L. We are using ACE's kindergarden program. I am definitely going to be tweaking it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...so cool that L can just be there with E and learn at the same time. We're "officially" starting at the beginning of Fall (because I'm trying to do year-round homeschooling and it's easier to divide the year into quarters by simply using the seasons), but we've done "poetry teatime" and math lessons for three days in a row now. I think it's probably good that I ease into things one at a time anyway. Reading lessons are the next thing to try to fit in.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of this one, much simpler than the one I printed out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked around online and put together something that worked for me (or that hopefully will work...). Feel free to steal. :)

      Delete
  3. I remember the days of simple checklists! Yours looks great and very similar to what I did years ago when my kids were young.

    I'm so glad to have found you online! You are the Nelleke who used to work with Gertrude, right? Welcome to homeschooling, and may God bless your journey.

    I'm putting you on my Pinterest board of Canadian homeschooling blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did work for Gertrude. Nice to meet you here!
      Thanks for your encouragement.

      Delete